everal visa schemes are available upon visiting Indonesia. For attending ICEBEHI, four most relevant visa schemes are briefly explained below, i.e. Non-Visa Short Term Visit, Visa on Arrival, Limited-Stay Visa, and Visa for Retired/Senior Citizen.
For complete information, please visit this link
A. NON-VISA SHORT TERM VISIT
Citizens from 11 countries are given Non-Visa Short Term Visit for purposes of holiday, exhibition, tourism, business, and social-culture and valid for 30 (thirty) days. This Visa could not be converted, extend or to obtain other immigration permit.
Those 11 countries are as follows:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Hongkong SAR
- Macao SAR
B. VISA ON ARRIVAL
Citizens from 63 countries and 1 region are eligible for obtaining Visa on Arrival (VOA) in Indonesia.
This visa can be obtained directly when you are landed at more than 40 airports and seaport in Indonesia regardless of the purpose of your visits (Business, Tourist, Social). The airports that facilitate VOA include: Soekarno-Hatta (Jakarta), Husein Sastranegara (Bandung), and Ngurah Rai (in Denpasar, Bali). The seaports that facilitate VOA among others are: Sekupang (in Batam, Riau Archipelago), Belawan (in Belawan, North Sumatera), and Padang Bai (in Karangasem, Bali).
The maximum stays permitted for the visa on arrival is 30 days. If you plan to stay longer than 30 days, you need to mention your intention to stay longer. Visa on Arrival can be extended for another 30 days.The Visa on Arrival is not a work visa nor a visitation visa. Therefore, it can not be converted to obtain other immigration permits.
The general requirements for Visa On Arrival are:
- Expiration date of the applicant’s passport must be at least 6 (six) months at the date of entry.
- Round-trip airplane ticket
The fees for Visa On Arrival are:
- Visa for stay up to 30 (thirty) days = US$ 25,-
- Extension of stay for up to 30 (thirty) days = US$ 25,-
Those 64 countries and 1 region in alphabetical order are as follow :
|63.||Uni Arab Emirates|
|64.||United Kingdom (British)|
|65.||United States of America|
C. LIMITED STAY VISA
If your country is not listed in the countries eligible for Non-Visa Visit nor for Visa on Arrival, you can apply for Limited Stay Visa.
For full list of visa schemes, including Diplomatic Visa, please visit this link
The Limited Stay Visa is a single entry visa for a visit that is related to work and to other purposes such as investment, research, family unification, performance, sport, social activities, retired/senior citizen, etc.
The Limited Stay Visa will be granted upon authorization from the Indonesian Immigration in Indonesia.
To initiate and to expedite the process of the Authorization, it is advisable that the sponsor/individual/organization in Indonesia submit the request for the applicant’s authorization from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The holder of the Limited Stay Visa is able to extend the visa and to obtain the temporary permit (KIMS/KITAS) once he/she arrives in Indonesia. The single/multiple exit and re-entry permit are able to obtain from the Immigration if the holder of the Limited Stay Visa is planning to exit and re-enter Indonesia within the period of valid stay permit.
The Visa processing completed in three working days or longer, starting the date when the visa application dropped off directly (by hand) at the Visa Window, Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia. However, it takes five working days or longer when the visa application obtained by mail/package, starting the date when we received the visa application.
Please be advised that Indonesian Visa must be used within 90 (ninety) days from the Date of Issuance.
Fees for Limited Stay Visa are as follows:
- Up to 6 (six) months: US$50.00
- Up to 1 (one) year: US$100.00
- Up to 2 (two) years: US$175.00
The full requirement for Limited Stay Visa is accessible at this link
D. SPECIAL VISA FOR RETIRED/SENIOR CITIZEN
A temporary stay visa may issue to a retired/senior citizen who wants to visit Indonesia and stay longer than 60 days. The special visa shall be valid for one year and could be extended for not more than 5 (five) time consecutively. It means that this special visa eligible for up to five years (extension subject to immigration approval).
Please also note that the Special Visa for Retired/Senior Citizen is treated same as a Limited Stay Visa. It means that the applicant should seek authorization from Indonesian immigration prior to apply for the visa at the Embassy/Consulate Generals. The Special Visa for Retired/Senior Citizen is a single entry.
The requirements for the Limited Stay Visa:
- Passport must be valid at least 6 months at the date of entry into Indonesia.
- Passport contains at least one blank visa page. Amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa purposes.
- Application form (in duplicate) must be complete and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent color photographs (passport size) on picture-quality paper.
- Retired/senior citizen must be at least 55 (fifty five) years old.
- A written guarantee statement from retirement fund Institution/bank, either in the country of origin (in the US or others depending on your nationality) or in Indonesia, regarding the availability of funds to support the needs during the requested stay in Indonesia.
- Health insurance, life insurance, and liability insurance related to third party, be obtained from either the country of origin (in the US or others depending on your nationality), or Indonesia.
- A written statement declaring the willingness to reside at available accommodation in Indonesia, obtained either by rent of purchase.
- Foreign senior are required to employ domestic workers during their residency in Indonesia.
- It is advisable that retired/senior citizen consult authorized Indonesian travel agent to assist in obtaining necessary immigration permit prior to arrival in Indonesia.
- Non US-Citizen: Please be advised that applicant with a B1/B2 visa would not be processed unless there is firm ground for the applicant. Such applicant suggested for obtaining Indonesian visa from country of origin.
- Visa application by mail should enclose a self-stamped and addressed envelope for Express Mail or Fed Ex.
E. FREE VISA DIPLOMATIC CORPS & CIVIL SERVICE
Indonesia Government had granted free-visa favor to holders of diplomatic passport and civil service from 45 countries listed below :
|NO.||COUNTRY||LENGTH OF STAY|
|3||Brazil||14 – 30 Days|
|5||Equador||14 – 30 Days|
|7||Iran||14 – 30 Days|
|9||Korea, North||14 Days|
|10||Korea, South||14 Days|
|19||Russia||14 – 90 Days|
|20||Serbia||Free Visa Agreement between Indonesia and Serbia has ended July 27, 2014. Prior to renewal of the agreement, both countries will continue granting free visa for diplomatic and services.|
|22||Tunisia||30 – 60 Days|
|NO.||COUNTRY||LENGTH OF STAY|
|26||Sri Lanka||30 Days|
|30||Bosnia – Herzegovina||30 Days|
|35||United Arab Emirates||60 Days|
|46||Timor Leste||30 Days|
Required documents for free-visa facilities include:
- Two 4 x 6 cm photographs
- Diplomatic or service passport with the expiration date of the applicant’s passport must be at least 6 (six) months at the date of entry
- Diplomatic notes assigning the applicant for diplomatic/service purposes.